Saturday, July 2, 2011

Momentum

I'm finding it difficult to maintain the momentum I had for exercise a few weeks ago.  I'm making excuses to not exercise, even though I feel so much better when I do.  I've gone from exercising every day, sometimes twice a day, down to three times a week.  I know this isn't bad, and it's waaaaay more than I was exercising even six weeks ago.  I'm attributing it to the severe heat (it was 117 today) and general life stress.  The work I've been putting off is piling up, I'm dealing with a ton of family stuff, and I've been just feeling overwhelmed in general.  My summer is quickly coming to an end, and the lofty plans I had for organizing things and cleaning have gone undone.

On a positive note, I've managed to drop a lot of weight in the last five or six weeks.  My clothes fit better.  I've had to buy new clothes!  I wore a dress out in public last night and did not feel uncomfortable at all.  I'm making very good food choices and have cut waaaaaaay back on the amount of sugar I consume.  I don't feel deprived at all.  I don't feel like I'm dieting or starving or uncomfortable.  I've never had such an easy time losing weight and eating better.  I'm excited to see just how much I can lose by changing what I'm eating in addition to greatly reducing my portion size. 

I guess it's ok that I've lost some of my exercise momentum.  I plan to get up tomorrow and exercise, no excuses.  And I know I'll feel better when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment