Tuesday, July 26, 2011

An update of sorts...

I started back to work yesterday and it wasn't horrible.  I actually enjoyed the training I had on common core standards, even though it was a lot of sitting and listening all day.  I've got another full day of that today, then I'm free to do some planning and set up work in my classroom for the next few days this week. 
It's awesome having my grandmother living so close to me.  I've stopped by every day since we checked her into her facility on Saturday.  She's looking great and feeling great, and I am so happy she's here. 
On the diet/weight loss front, I've been focusing on other things.  I'm consciously trying to watch my portion size because I've been eating some not so diet friendly foods.  I haven't exercised since Thursday, though I got a good power walk in huffing it around the airport on Saturday, and I did a bunch of shopping and walking on Sunday.  I'm going to strive to exercise at least three times this week, but we'll see.  I know this is a transitional time right now, as we get Grandma settled and I start a new school year.  Once I get into the routine of working again, we'll be eating at home more and I'll have time to exercise.  I don't want to ditch the efforts I've made thus far, and I know I need to continue for my health.  I'm just finding that I have way less free time than I did a few weeks ago, so I'm having to prioritize.
In other news, the scale is still cooperating for the most part.  Tomorrow is my weigh in day and considering how I've been eating, I'll be happy with any loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment