Friday, July 15, 2011

Drumroll, please...

Today's weight:  257.8!  Yessir, I'm seeing numbers I haven't seen in a long time.

I'm a little worried, because we're going away tomorrow night to celebrate our anniversary.  I know that two days of eating garbage isn't going to kill me, but still... I have in my mind a vision of myself at a certain weight by a certain time, and each time I have one of these "cheat" episodes, that gets pushed back.  It's a constant battle going on in my head.  I know I'm doing well, making good choices, incorporating more exercise, and feeling better.  At the same time, I know that when I don't exercise for a day or two and/or I eat less healthy foods, I am not doing the best thing for myself.  I can easily see how a person could have an eating disorder; I'm obsessed with thinking about how much I've eaten, how I haven't eaten well, haven't exercised, etc.  Is there a good way to switch this thinking?  I need to focus more on the positive things I am doing.  I am exercising several times a week, so who cares if I miss a day or two?!?  I am eating way healthier, so who cares if I slip up every now and then? 

Let me just say this:  in a way I'm very glad to be starting back to work soon.  I will have much less time to obsess about what I'm eating.  Summer is always a tough time for me because I do enjoy having time off, but I tend to get a little OCD over things.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job :o)

    I know what you mean about the obsessive thinking...I do it too.

    I'm a little nervous about going back to school. I'm always exhausted the first week or so (more mentally than anything) and I'm afraid it's going to mess up my work outs. Hopefully it'll be enough of a habit by then that it won't be an issue.

    Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy celebrating your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete