Sunday, July 24, 2011

What a trip!

Well, I'm back.  Thank goodness!  This trip was absolutely exhausting emotionally and physically.  We sorted through so much stuff at my grandmother's house and go her ready to make the trip out here to live.  I traveled with her yesterday, which was extremely exhausting... like, beyond extremely exhausting.
She's settling in to her new place, and it's so great I can go over and see her any time I want, instead of having to fly for 6+ hours to get to her.  It's wonderful!!!

I hopped on the scale this morning, just out of curiosity, and I have LOST WEIGHT!  1.6 pounds since Wednesday!  I'm amazed.  I was eating chocolate fudge cake, chocolate candy and bbq.  Um ok.  I guess I did get a lot of exercise though-- in addition to walking through the airport, then up and down the stairs at Grandma's house carrying stuff, I did go for a 3 mile walk in the park on Thursday.  Who knows what did it, I'm sure happy about it!

I should exercise today, but I'm not going to because I have what I lovingly refer to as the "fat girl chafe."  Yeah, it's all red and irritated in the folds of my skin from a combination of things I know...  I washed my clothes with Grandma's detergent, which is very different from the Tide we use.  Then I did a lot of walking in a lot of humid air, which I'm not used to.  Then yesterday I put scented powder on, which I think further irritated things.  I was using ice packs last night to relieve the sting.  It's better today, but I'm still going to have to be careful and limit my activity for a day or so to let it heal. 

I start work tomorrow.  I'm so not ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment