Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Consistently Inconsistent

I have a true love-hate relationship with my scale.  Lately it's been a love relationship.  It's been consistently giving me lower numbers every day!  (Yes, I am an every day weigher, even though I know that's not good).  I'm getting numbers that are lower by .2, .4, .6... I'll take it!  Every bit counts, right?

Today I got on and I'm a full pound lighter than yesterday.  A full pound!  I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what I did yesterday that's different from the last few days.  Is it the artificial sweetener?  No, I had two big glasses of Crystal Light yesterday.  Coffee?  No, I had my usual cup of iced black coffee.  Ice cream?  Nope, not that either-- I had my Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich last night after dinner.  Exercise?  Hmmm... I didn't exercise yesterday!  WHAT?!?  Not exercising is resulting in a greater loss than exercising?!? 

You can imagine what this revelation has done for my motivation today.  Yeah, I was contemplating putting on my shoes and doing a little jog before I dress and go into work.  Instead I'm here, having my coffee, in my pj's.  We'll see what happens tomorrow, which is my official weigh in day!

3 comments:

  1. The body works in strange ways, doesn't it? I quit trying to make sense of it long ago. Even though I wish I could pinpoint the things that make my body lose and gain weight, I am not sure it is possible to totally understand.

    Just remember how surprising that scale can be when it doesn't reflect the hard work you've put in. It's so easy to love the scale on days like these and quickly forget on days when it insists on trying to bring you down.

    Good work! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the body definitely works in strange ways.
    I'm finding that my appetite is out of control today-- I'm sooooo hungry. We just got back from the Olive Garden, where I downed 2.5 bowls of soup and 3 full plates of salad. I opened the door to the house and went straight to the pantry to scarf down 1/2 a dark chocolate bar. I'm still hungry. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the scale is being kind to you!

    Those Laughing Cow cheese wedges are good! We LOVE those burgers!!

    ReplyDelete