Monday, July 11, 2011

Who noticed? My boss did, that's who!

I went to work on Friday and the school was pretty much a ghost town.  My two teammates were there, along with the maintenance crew.  No one said a thing about my weight loss, and that's cool.  We spent the day looking at curriculum and planning for the coming school year.

Today the school was hopping, because summer school was in session.  I saw tons of people, including my student teacher.  She mentioned that my hair has gotten longer, which it has.  As I was getting ready to leave for the day, I stepped into my boss's office to talk to her about how her summer has been going.  As I stood up to leave, she told me I am looking great, and she asked what I've been doing to lose weight.  YEAH!!!  I didn't expect anyone to say anything to me, and really I don't care what anyone thinks at all... this journey is about me, and how I feel.  It's about making positive changes that are resulting in weight loss and better health.  It's about taking care of myself and doing what I need to do in order be healthy and happy.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I bet that was a great feeling to have someone take notice :o)

    What do you teach? I'm a SpEd teaching assistant :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to have someone notice!!!
    I teach fourth grade. I taught sixth grade for two years, and this will be my third year teaching fourth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a former teacher! Taught English for six years (combination of middle and high school).

    Yay that someone noticed. I bet others did too -- sometimes people just don't know how to say it. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sarah! Hooray for teachers, right?
    I'm middle school literacy (English) certified, but haven't taught that yet. Fourth seems to be a good fit for me right now. Eventually I think I might like to do high school, but I'm not sure. One year at a time! :)

    ReplyDelete