Friday, June 10, 2011

The day after...

276.8!  I'll take it!
I'm stiff and sore from playing the Wii.  I find that both exciting and hilarious!  I never imagined a video game could actually give me a decent workout, but it has.
Part of my mission today will be to find some workout clothes.  Not an easy thing to do when you're a size 24/26 waist and at least a 3x shirt.  I need spandex shorts, like bike shorts, to keep my thighs from rubbing together.  I'd also like a sleeveless top with a low neck to help me stay cool as I move around.  This is an outfit I'm definitely not ready to leave the house in, but since I'm working indoors and in the privacy of my own home, I think it's all good. 
Fortunately my husband has not laughed too much at me yet.  It's kind of nice actually.  I was afraid I'd be too embarrassed to work out in front of him, just because of how awful and uncoordinated and flabby I must look.  He was extremely supportive and at one time was even cheering me on as I was doing one of the games.  When I was finished and told him how much I'd done, he said he was very happy to see me so excited and he was very proud of me.  That made me feel really good.
In other news... getting ready for my trip to TN next week to see my grandmother.  Should be a lot of fun, as I'll get to see my mom, my brother and his wife, and my niece and nephew.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    I know what you mean about the struggle to find workout clothes. It is difficult, but there are some online stores that sell them. I worked for a national sporting goods retailer for many years and had many plus size women approach me for advice about finding workout gear. I realized then that I could totally corner a market on selling just plus size workout gear!

    I realized the other night at the gym that I have been visualizing myself at my lower weight when I work out. I looked to the right of me and saw how I really look in a mirror as I was plodding along on the treadmill. It looked laborious and awkward. In my head though, I am just skipping along in my cute pants and bouncy ponytail. I guess whatever works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting back!
    I think you could definitely get a corner of the market by selling cute, comfortable, affordable workout wear. I found some things today at Wal-Mart of all places, but no sports bras in my size. I'd love to have a good, supportive bra to keep "the girls" from bouncing too much.

    It's awesome you have a vision of yourself in your head... and that's all that should matter, right? I mean, who really cares what others may see, as long as we're comfortable and proud of who we are... at any size. :)

    ReplyDelete