Sunday, June 12, 2011

And the scale said...

An ultra-motivating 273.8.  I don't feel like exercising today, but seeing that number on the scale  this morning is enough to kick my butt into gear.  I think I overdid it yesterday a bit, so I am going to tone it down some today.  I'm thinking I'll go 30 minutes on the Wii this morning, then walk the dog this evening. 
I knew the scale was going to be kind to me this morning when I woke up.  For whatever reason, I just felt smaller.  I love that feeling of knowing I'm shrinking and being able to feel it (finally!).  I'm surprised at how much easier this has been than any of my battles with weight before.  I think because in the past I took an all or nothing approach.  I've done Atkins a few times with great success, only to go back to old ways of eating during stressful times.  The difference with what I'm doing now is I'm consciously making better choices-- like eating broccoli instead of french fries.  If there's something I really want, I eat it.  Instead of eating the whole thing, though, I have a little bit.  I had a small scoop of soy ice cream last night and it was delicious.  I ate it slowly and tried to really savor the flavors of it, and a little was just enough.
I'm confident I will be able to maintain this way of eating for a long time.  I know it's good for my body and it has finally given my mind the break it's needed for so long.  There's no more negative dialogue going on in my head about what I'm eating.  No more guilt, no more beating myself up for having three twinkies in three minutes just because they were there.  I feel good about myself and the choices I'm making.  It's an awesome feeling and I intend to keep doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment