Sunday, August 14, 2011

Progress

I have started weighing and tracking my weight every single day.  It's a bit exhausting sometimes, but it gives me good data to look at when I'm feeling not so good about something I've eaten or done.  I realized this morning, as I stared at the data, that I have lost a lot of weight!  Like 40+ lbs!  It's weird because I still see a fat girl staring back at me in the mirror.  I can see a change in my face; it's definitely slimmer.  My stomach, not so much.  I know it will get there, and I just have to be patient.  It's frustrating though, because I know I'm smaller than I was when I started this the last week of May.  My size 26's were tight then.  My 22's are loose now.  Beyond sizes and shapes, I see the biggest difference in my attitude and energy level.  I wake up ready to go, instead of dragging and in desperate need of coffee.  I exercise at least five times a week, many times twice a day.  I eat so much better.  I take vitamins every day without fail.  I need to remind myself this is a process of change, and it takes time.  You don't just decide one day you want to lose weight, wake up the next day and it's gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment