Thursday, August 18, 2011

A new outlook

After talking to a friend today, I realize how unhealthy my obsession with the scale has become.  I weigh myself a minimum of three times a day, no kidding.  It's all well and good to have an idea of how much you weigh, but checking three times a day?  That's just borderline obsessive.

I'm moving the scale from my bathroom to the spare bedroom, where it can live with the pile of pants that are too big.  I will bring it out every so often to check in.  I haven't decided just how often that will be yet, but the important thing is I'm not going to continue to obsess about my weight.

I've made some AMAZING changes in the last three months.  I've drastically cut the amount of sugar I consume, and I've started to exercise and enjoy exercising!  These are healthy choices that will eventually result in my reaching a more healthy weight for my frame.  Until then, I need to slow down and relish in the positivity of the choices I am making, rather than stress and fret about the number on the scale.  So that's that.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment