Friday, November 11, 2011

My first 5k and other things!

I'm doing really well and I'm extremely proud of the progress I'm making.  I had a little spell there during September where I was feeling overwhelmed and was relying on chocolate and desserts to make me feel better.  I've recently found myfitnesspal.com, and it's helping me track my eating a little better.  I've been using it for just over a week now and I am having great success so far.  The OCD in me loves the tracking aspect of this program!
Last week I completed my first race.  It was so much fun!  I'm extremely proud of myself for running the entire thing.  My time was 41:52, which is good for me.  It means about a 13 minute mile.  I did the race to raise money for pancreatic cancer research, and in honor of my step-grandmother who is currently battling pancreatic cancer.  It was such an emotional day on so many levels because not only was I doing it for her, I was doing it for myself.  Six months ago I weighed almost 300 pounds and couldn't imagine that I would enjoy running.  I cried when I crossed the finish line and I'm already looking to see when my next race will be.
This morning I got up early and did 4.7 miles.  I walked 1.2 of that and ran the rest.  It took me a long time but it's all good; I wasn't familiar with the course and there were some big hills I'm not used to.  I love waking up early and running.  It just makes me feel so good for the whole rest of the day.
I'm on track for my mini-goal of losing ten pounds to receive a reward of shoes I want.  My start weight for that was 231 and I've got to lose 10 pounds.  Today I weighed in at 225.6, so as long as I can hold it together and not go crazy at Thanksgiving, I should be at 221 sometime around the first of December.  It would be awesome to go into a new year at my next big goal of 212, but I don't know.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment