Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Injury

Yesterday at the gym I did something to my calf.  I was doing the circuit, and had finished the leg press and moved to the step for cardio work.  As I stepped down off the box, I felt a pop in my right calf.  It was very bizarre because I heard it-- it sounded like my knee popping but lower.  As soon as I tried to put any weight on my calf, I felt a sharp pain.  I managed to hobble out of the gym an drive myself home, where I put the leg up and had some hydrocodone to help me sleep.  It feels a little better today, but I still took the day off.  My job requires me to do a lot of walking and I just wasn't up for that.  So now I'm just waiting for my doctor's office to open so I can try to get in to see him today.  I figure I need to get bloodwork done anyway, so I may as well go see him and kill two birds with one stone (and one co-pay).
I'm anxious about having this entire day off with nothing to do and limited mobility.  I'm normally up and about so much all day every day, I'm not sure how I'm going to keep from going stir crazy. 
I'm a little scared too.  I've really been enjoying my workouts and I don't want to have to take too much time away from that.  My husband says we can just work upper body while the leg heals, which is good I guess.  I just don't want to get into my old pattern of eating a lot and not working out.  I get that I may gain a little weight while I'm nursing this injury, but I don't want to lose the routine I've got going that includes intense exercise several times a week.  I guess I'll just have to see what the doc says.

No comments:

Post a Comment