Saturday, December 24, 2011

oops

Holiday parties and family obligations have gotten me these last two weeks!  I'm up a little (at 223 today) but it's all good.  I know after tomorrow (Christmas day!) I can go back to eating better and exercising.  My goal is to be one of those annoying people who start a diet on January 1-- not that I'm going to start a strict diet or anything; rather, I'm going to work on NOT eating as many sweets as I have been.  I do pretty well usually, except for the desserts.  If I can get my cookie and chocolate addiction under control, I should start seeing some better results.  I'd like to be at the 100 lb lost mark when I hit the one year mark during the first of June.  That would be quite an accomplishment and I think I can do it!  I don't like to set goals based on numbers and associate them with time limits, though.  I don't like feeling like a failure when I don't make a deadline.  I'm doing the best I can do, making good choices toward health and that's all I can ask for of myself.  I don't want to end up beating myself up because I didn't make this goal or that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment